Friday, May 21, 2010

365 Days of Scooters: Day 105

Life is definitely what happens when you're busy making other plans. I fell off the "post a scooter a day" wagon more than a month ago. Since then travel plans for not one, but two scooter rallies also fallen by the wayside.

And now, it's all about the CORSette. "Be a Girl. Run a Smallframe," indeed.

To qualify for the race, I'll be borrowing my husbands bike for this adventure. While I've driven my own scoots plenty, I might have driven this little Vespa twice before. I started borrowing it for weekend jaunts on sunny days and we've been gradually buying, making and installing bits and bobs to help make it more comfortable for the anticipated 300-400 mile jaunt.

And last Sunday I set off on my first solo smallframe adventure. I charted my own garden tour which spanned about 70 miles and included stops at the U.S. Botanic Garden and the National Arboretum. A nice outing on a beautiful spring day.


Just 13 days to go!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails