Sunday, January 4, 2009

how I spent my winter vacation

I've been home from work for 12 glorious days--my longest non-work stretch in more than a year. There were holiday festivities and family gatherings in the mix, and one mini road trip, so I don't know that it completely qualifies as a "stacation" (i.e. an at-home vacation), but it was pretty darn close I'd think.

After all the holiday hoopla, I had time to put together one of my gifts--the mushroom cottage playset by Fantastic Toys. Good thing you're never too old for a mushroom cottage playset :)

Since both Ryan and I were home for much of our time, we made a point of getting out of the house for some type of excursion each day. Among them: ice skating, duckpin bowling, bike rides, scooter rides and dog walks outside the "usual" route.

Our mini road trip was north for New Year's Eve. We stopped along the way to enjoy the holiday displays at Longwood Gardens.

I was highly amused (it doesn't take much), by the scooter-focused signs throughout the Gardens. I'll leave you to figure out what they were talking about and why I wasn't offended by these scooter regulations.
One of our last excursions was a repeat trip to a local lake. The first trip was with the dogs earlier in the stacation and the second was today with our bicycles.
And in the midst of it all, I finally made something brand new for Polly Scoots.


1 comment:

Jo said...

I love the earings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails