Friday, January 9, 2009

Initial Report from the Motorcycle Show

It's a little too late at the end of a work day to give the full report now, but here's a quick recap from our trip to this year's motorcycle show in the nation's Capital.

1. We brought home literally 10 pounds of stuff between us. A few small things were purchased, but most takes the form of free literature to meditate over later with the occasional bit of swag. And we didn't even bring home the J & P Cycles uber-huge catalog (the CD version is just fine thank you).


2. Progressive was smart to hand out nice reusable bags for carting home all your new crap instead of plastic ones with the handles that just aren't up to the challenge (see 10 lbs of stuff referenced above).

3. I did not bring home a jacket OR gloves--I think that's a first.

4. Kymco sure made a heck of a lot of scooters this year--not a bad thing.


5. The scooter pavilion was decent. Not fabulous, but decent. It's nice to see different makes and models of scooters in the same place for easy comparison. And we got a free Scoot! Magazine out of deal.


6. I saw, and sat, on a Vectrix electric scooter for the first time.

7. You can buy "motorcycles" that are bigger than Smart Cars. Why, I'm not really sure...

8. Fuel efficiency is still "in" even if gas isn't 4 bucks a gallon anymore (fyi, this stickers was on a motorcycle..my scooters do better...)

9. I may have found the perfect motorcycle for me. Alas, I'd need to sell a scooter or two for it to be a practical addition...

10. My Vino needs one of these.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails